There are many wonderful places to visit in the Dolomites. Misurina is a hidden pearl of the Dolomites, which you should never miss during your visit. We spent a great extended weekend here, so we share with you some of our ideas about what you can do around Misurina.
Misurina is a beautiful village in the Dolomites, known mainly for its lake of the same name. The beautiful Lake Misurina (Italian Lago di Misurina) is one of the most beautiful mountain lakes in the Dolomites, located at an altitude of 1755 meters above sea level. Due to its special climatic characteristics and clean air, Misurina is extremely popular with those who have respiratory problems.
What to do?
The lake is an ideal base for many hikes and trips of all kinds. The surrounding area offers everything from relaxing walks through meadows and green forests to more demanding hikes to the surrounding peaks.
- Walk around Lake Misurina – There is a beautiful walking trail that is 2.5 km long, and a walk around the lake will take you about 30-40 minutes of easy walking. The trail offers exceptionall views of the surrounding
- Tre Cime – one of the most recognizable symbols of the Dolomites – is a circular path around Tre Cime. Just before end of Misurina, you turn into Tre Cime Park, where at the entry point you will pay a $ 25 entry fee (car, 24 hours) to enter the park. The starting point for the roundabout is the Rifugio Auronzo hut, located at an altitude of 2320 meters
- Lago d’Antorno – Just three miles from Misurina, there is another smaller pretty lake, which is a great idea for a short stroll around the lake
- hike to the Rifugio Col de Varda hut – The starting point for the hike is along Lake Misurina, close to the Miralago Hotel. The hut is located at an altitude of 2200 meters and can be reached by chair lift (approx. 8 eur or 16 eur return) or by foot. The shortest route is right next to the ski slope, and it will take you about 20-30 minutes to walk (450 m altitude difference)
- Lago di Sorapiss – a beautiful mountain lake known for its turquoise color of water. The starting point for the hike to the lake is at the Tre Croci Pass. The path to the lake is not difficult (approx. 2 hours walk), but the route requires some caution on certain sections